ME!

ME!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

School!

Well, school is upon us once again!  I'm was super excited to get started!  The HW load hasn't been crazy so far... But that could change.  VPSA* is by far, the best school that I've ever done.  In my sixth year with them, I'm going into Omnibus 4.  Ancients again... Ah well.  If you ever have any urge to discuss Livy, Plato, or the deep themes within the Iliad, call me up on Skype!  Micah, Asher, and all my other buds that follow this blog, I'm serious!  We should seriously do a monthly Omnibus Skype chat or something.. >:3.  To my utter horror, I also discovered that we will be reading The Landmark Thucydides.  This is, in essence, Herodotus 2.  :O.  Ah.... the memories..... xP.  Anyway, Omnibus aside, I also have Comp. 1, Logic 1, and Algebra 2.  Comp. 1...... Ah, so many things I could say about that... Well, to start, I'm taking it over.  Unfortunately, the year I took it in seventh grade, I wasn't yet enrolled in the high school Diploma program...  It didn't count then, so I have to re-take it.... with a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds.  Ah.... such is my luck.  There is one kid named Carlos who insists on calling me "Linda."  Evidently this is because he cannot find the z button on his keyboard to spell "Lindz."  After one class, I was about ready to strangle him.  Linda......?  Uh no.   Logic is fun.  I'm taking it with Sam :).  (My little bro).  Mr. Baker is a hilarious teacher.  His humor reminds me of Dr. Nixon :D.  Having fun with that so far, but once again, the general age range is 12-13... :P.  Algebra 2!  Now this, is a MAJORLY fun class... Ever had Mrs. Stublin?  She is HILARIOUS.  I didn't really ever think math could be fun.... but wow... she makes it EPIK.  Then of course, I have Mrs. Hensley for Omnibus 4 Primary.  I really don't need to say much there.  :).. She is already the most epik teacher on the planet :).. She is also the greatest Godly example to look up to :).  I'm having TONS of fun with Asher and Serena already this year.  Our class only has 11 kids, but our discussions are still fun, even if they're a little shorter...

So anyway, that pretty much sums up school.  In other awesome news, PSYCH SEASON SIX COMES OUT ON NETFLIX SOON!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! *freaks out*
OH, AND WHITE COLLAR SEASON FOUR COMES OUT ON NETFLIX SOON!!!!!!!! *freaks out again*

I think that's it... other than all that freaking out, my life is rather filled with school.  Oh!  Just remembered.. We have a Chinese exchange student for a whole year....!  Rather mixed emotions on the whole thing.  His name is Pong Chen.. (Or something like that).  He told us to call him "Super Chen.."  Evidently his friends call him Super Chen b/c he is around 6 ft. and rather large around the middle :P.  He has taken over our school room as his bedroom, so I have evacuated to Mom and Dad's room until I get a loft bed... :P  

Anyway.......................

Think that's all now :P

~Psych out~
Lindz

*VPSA is Veritas Press Scholars Academy for any who might not know.  It is the online classical christian academy that I do school with.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a whirlwind Linda! ;)

    Looking forward to discussing the Iliad in person (if I can find my cliff notes that is...)

    Can't wait to see you soon in person.

    Happy Studying!

    ~ Aunt Mere

    ReplyDelete