ME!

ME!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Baptized! (And TobyMac)(and the Dead Sea Scrolls)

Hello all my followers... :) (So fun to say that.. xD)

So, as the title suggests, I have three cool things to share with you today :).  First off, I was baptized yesterday!  16 youth and 3 adults were baptized in a local creek yesterday by the youth and singles pastor.  It was a really cool time, especially since me and Sam (brother) were able to be baptized on the same day :).  Both of us had plenty of friends getting baptized, to it was really cool. :).  Sam and I were one of the last ones to go (Since out last name is Stehr, alphabetically, we're always last :P).  Mr. Bell (On the right in pics, youth pastor) asked every person, "Have you placed your faith in Jesus Christ?"  All the youth (except me) answered, "I have."  I decided to change it up a little, and I said, "Fo sho!" Then I shared a little about my faith.  After I got dunked (lol), all of the singles caregroup (small group) surprised me and shouted "DOGGIE PILE!"  They ended up barely coming in the water, but I got dunked again by them.. :).  That was pretty funny :D.  (I was the only one they did it to, so everyone cheered and laughed xD).  I hang out with a lot of the single women a lot, cause we're all buds and stuff :).  Anyway..... After that crazy production, my bro got baptized. :)  That was awesome to watch.

After all 19 were baptized, all 300+ people there gathered around us and prayed for us.  It was a great time :).

Now, TOBYMAC!  I need to mention this.. :).  TobyMac released a new album call "Eye on It."  If you're a fan of his, or even if you're not, it is an AMAZING album.  I love it :D.  At the moment, his album (As well as a Christian rapper named, Lecrae), is number 4 and 2 on iTunes!  Pretty amazing for Christian music! :).

And one more thing..... >:3.  The Dead Sea Scrolls are on exhibition at a museum in Philadelphia!  I went to see them Saturday with dad!  WAS SOOOO COOL!  AH!  Omnibus students, it is all of our dream to see the stuff we learn about, so I'll post pictures later for you to see some of these AWESOME artifacts :D.  The only thing that was a bit disconcerting about the exhibit, is that they used a completely different date system.  They didn't want to offend anyone, so they didn't use BC/AD, they used BCE/CE, meaning "Before the Common Era" and "The Common Era."  Pretty sad.  I had no idea what the dates meant in relation to the BC/AD dates I learned :P.  After the museum, me and dad went to the Philly Bar and Restaurant and got some wings and hand cut fries :D.  Then..... we went to the Franklin Floats place and got some homemade ice cream :D.  (Actually I got a float :P. I'll post those pics later too :)  

So anyway, I think that pretty much wraps up my weekend... so... yeah :).  How was everyone's else's weekend?

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA SOON AUNT MERE! :DDD

~Psych out~








Lindz  

1 comment:

  1. Love it! It is such a delight to see the joy on your face and hear it in your words when you talk about your relationship with the Lord.

    Ava just saw these pictures and wanted to know: "Did you have fun getting baptized? I always wanted to get baptized. That's all."

    :) Aunt Mere

    ReplyDelete